You spend a considerable amount of time to apply your eyeshadow and would like to have it last longer than just through the morning.
Prep: cleanse, tone and moisturze with skin type appropriate products- clean skin is the perfect foundation. Then:
- Apply a primer before your eyeshadow- this really helps the shadow stay in place.
- Apply an eyeshadow base- this product is designed to help the product last longer, minimize creasing as well as make the eyeshadow more vibrant and intense. I prefer to layer this on top of the primer, really improves the stay in time.
- If you have no primer or eyeshadow base- layer the powder shadow on top of a waterproof cream shadow. This would work for those with either dry or normal skin but is not a good option for oily and combination skin.
- Use a concealer/ liquid foundation followed with setting powder as your base then follow this with your choice of eyeshadow. Beware that this may affect the color intensity and tone of your eyeshadow.
- Use wet eye shadow- the color appears more intense and sets well.
My routine is:
I spend a considerable amount of time getting my eyeshadows done so I have tried and tested all the above methods to help me keep my shades on longer with the guarantee that I look just as I did when I applied it. Through a number of tries with different eyeshadows I have found that layering is key- create the foundation then apply the shadows.
Prep -> Primer -> Eyeshadow base -> Eyeshadow-> Fixer