Shimmering and vibrant shades are a central part of any party or fantasy makeup. They add the extra sparkle and drama respectively. Vibrant shades have high intensity and should be added progressively during application (it makes it easy to control how much color you have on). For the first entry in this series I have created a look that I have dubbed ‘A golden Arabian Night’.
As you might have guessed my source of inspiration was Arabian makeup. For the color palette I chose to go for metallic shimmery shades in gold and vibrant blue which remind me of the cool Arabian night sky and the golden sands of the desert. I have used ‘contrasting color theory’ where I matched the warm gold with the cool blue.
A Golden Arabian Night
8. Using a wet liner brush apply the golden shade between the two wings in both the inner and outer corner.
9. Curl the lashes if you wish to and add a coat of mascara.
10. Define the brow with an appropriate brow pencil/ shadow.
This look was created to demonstrate the use of shimmery and vibrant shades in party makeup.
- Shimmering shades flatter a younger skin but when appllied to mature skin they emphasize the wrinkles giving a more aged look!
- Wear shimmery and vibrant shades in moderation for a more casual every day make-up.
- For a day makeup you can use shimmering shades to highlight the brow or highlight your eyes by dusting lightly on the lids and inner corners of the eyes , check out Jada Pinket‘s look in campus chic series.
- Vibrant colors in monochrome can add some fun to your look, check out summer makeup ideas.
Beginner: read ‘Eye Sahdow Basics’ by Kate it’s a helpful start-up guide.